M.B.A – SHIPPING AND PORT MANAGEMENT (2 Years Course)
- M.B.A - Shipping and Port Management Course is approved & conducted under collaboration with the Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu
Objectives & Job Opportunities:
The transportation sector in India is an integral part of the nation's economy, and the shipping industry is one of the main contributing factors to the growth of the transportation industry.
The core modules of this program are designed to lead the aspiring manager into the essential management skills required for meeting the challenges of the ever-growing shipping industry. You will learn and be able to manage the various development and operational needs of port and allied infrastructure.
- Two years full time programmes. (both Regular and Distance mode)
- No. of semesters : Two semester each in the1st and 2nd year for the fulltime MBA program, 1st to 3rd semester programme are class room teaching and 4th semester will be exclusively on-site/ on job training in an institution engaged in maritime activities.
- Duration of one semester : In Regular Mode: 15 weeks of direct teaching and 2- 3 weeks for examination and related activities (beginning from July/August to December and January to April/May in each academic year). Classes will be conducted from Monday to Friday (9.00 Am to 4.00 Pm) 75% Attendance is Compulsory for every Semester
In Distance Mode: For Every Semester, 72 hrs of Contact Classes will be Conducted at Chennai (On Saturday and Sunday) Minimum 50% Attendance will be required.
- Project duration : Eight to 12 weeks after the 3rd semester for the programme.
- Attendance :For completing the programme, Attendance in 75% of the total sessions is necessary. However it is desirable to maintain a reasonable level of attendance in every course.
- Eligibilty: Any degree from a recognized University with 50 % marks.(OR) Mariners holding the following professional qualification obtained after a minimum duration of study-cum-training of 6 years after 10+2 leading to:
a) Master Foreign Going Certificate of Competency.(OR)
b) First Class Motor or Steam or Combined (Chief Engineer) Certificate of Competency issued by the Directorate General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping, Government of India or its counterparts in other countries. Gender -Boys and Girls are eligible to apply
Registration of Seats :
Candidates should submit duly filled application forms along with DD of amount Rs.10,000 drawn in favour of “International Maritime Academy”, payable at Chennai for registration of seats.
M.B.A fee Structure – Regular
Tution Fees Rs. 40,000/ Semester
M.B.A fee Structure – Distance Education
Tution Fees Rs. 20,000/ Semester